Position: Pest Control Technician
Type: Full Time Permanent
Wages and Allowance: $18 to $20 per hour Based on Experience + Car Allowance
Benefits: 50% Rental Discount + Medical Benefits 100% Paid by Company
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
Currently we are looking for Pest Control Technician for our Surrey properties. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Pest control Technician is responsible for all pest control related duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect premises to identify infestation source, extent of damage, and access to infested locations.
- Study preliminary reports and/or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Determine type of treatment required and provide estimate of costs of treatment to the regional manager.
- Prepare and spray chemical mixture on infested areas using mechanical or electric sprayer to kill insects, rodents and other pests.
- Submit all work orders electronically on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all work is documented according to policy and that updates to each job performed is completed daily.
- Fumigate buildings as per requirement.
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals, such as skunks or raccoons.
- Install animal control barriers such as needle strips, netting and other devices to keep animals off property.
- Clean out areas that harbour pests using rakes, shovels, brooms or mops.
- Coach and counsel tenants on how to prevent pest infestation.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of courses in pest control or extermination and Provincial Pesticide Applicator Licence (Structural) is a must.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate will be an asset.
- At least six months of pest control experience will be an asset.
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills.
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of day, afternoon and evening shifts.
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power-point, Excel and Outlook will be an asset.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and must have own vehicle to use at work.
- Functional verbal and written English communication skills are a must.
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met.
- You display a professional and positive company image.
- You have an eye for details and take pride in your work.
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment.
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Pest Control Technician” in the subject line to our Email address. For more information visit our website: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.