Position: Security Guard (NOC 6541)
Type: Full Time, permanent
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Salary: $13-15 per hour
Benefits: Residential benefits- 50-75% off rent depending upon area
Medical benefits- 100% paid by company
Car allowance- depending upon the area of operations
About Mainstreet Equity Corp.
Mainstreet is a publicly traded and highly distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
We are currently looking for a qualified On-Site Security Guard for our residential properties located at Pleasant Hill area including Avenue O in Saskatoon, SK
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the on-site Security Guard is responsible for the safety and security of assigned residential area(s). The Security Guard will require to live on-site in one of the company buildings located at Pleasant Hill area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Access control for the facility/area.
- Patrol assigned areas to ensure security of residents, buildings and company properties.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site emergencies.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders and ensure appropriate authorities such as police/ law enforcement authorities, fire and/or ambulance personnel are summoned as required.
- Assist tenants with specific problems, such as safety concerns, illness or emergencies etc.
- Protect the property and maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
- Enforce the property’s rules and regulations in a fair and responsible manner.
- Remain vigilant for signs of criminal and/or suspicious behavior related to the property and initiate the appropriate steps to report/follow up as per operating guidelines.
- Remain prepared to respond to crime, disturbances, vandalism, fire and emergency situations as per life safety training, fire/bomb threat evacuation procedures and/or operating guidelines
- Report and follow up on hazards and/or deficiencies identified during the course of duty.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR or AED support as necessary until medical professionals arrive.
- Prepare written reports as required using the Company’s standard report-writing program.
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, in a fair and safe manner, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act.
- Support Health & Safety programs to ensure occupational safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of property operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior management.
Experience and Qualification:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard license.
- Possess 1- 2 years of Security Guard experience
- First Aid and CPR license an asset.
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills.
- Having relevant security experience in a Residential Security Environment will be an asset.
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry.
- Must have full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of days, afternoons and overnight shifts.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and produce a clean driver’s abstract and possess a reliable vehicle
- To be knowledgeable of building fire and disaster evacuation procedures.
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Power-point, Excel and Outlook will be an asset.
- Willing to go through background check, and Drug & Alcohol test.
How to Apply:
If you closely meet above requirements, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Security Guard- Saskatoon” in the subject line. You can also fax your resume to 403 266 8867 or 306 242 6780 or submit it at our Regional office located at 533 Avenue X South, Saskatoon, SK. Visit our website for more information at: www.mainst.biz Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0W2
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.