Job Location : Edmonton
About Mainstreet Equity Corp.
Mainstreet is a publicly traded and distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
We are looking for a Senior Regional Property Manager to manage residential operations of our Edmonton portfolios to include supervision of building superintendents, maintenance staff, and office personnel; ensuring day-to-day operations schedule and budget control. A fundamental requirement of the position is to manage an annual operating and capital budget while maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction, in accordance with policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up strategic business plans that increase NOI and Returns on Investment (ROI).
- Maximize profits by managing Net Operating Income (NOI) and CAPEX budget in their portfolio.
- Hire, train, and supervise team members in accordance with company mandates, policies, and procedures.
- Exercise overall control over staff in their day-to-day functioning and carry out periodic performance evaluations.
- Ensure that investment portfolio is operating safely and efficiently, ensuring respective building or portfolio are secure, well maintained, clean, and provides the necessary infrastructure required for the operation of all services and facilities within the complex.
- Ensure that all lease documentation is in accordance with company policies and RTA.
- Analyze monthly financial statements and monitor monthly collections and bad debt.
- Ensure that accurate, timely, and complete documentation is maintained for all matters posing a risk, liability, lawsuit, potential lawsuit, and/or benefit to the company.
- Enforce provisions of the Lease Agreements as per the Company policies and relevant legislations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have at least five years of managerial experience in residential property management or in hospitality industry.
- Must have experience of managing at least 500 to 1,000 residential rental units and a team of 50.
- Must have working knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act.
- Must have working knowledge of building construction, HVAC, fire, safety, and mechanical systems and the respective by-laws and/or regulations governing the installation, operation, and/or maintenance of all equipment and leasehold improvements.
- Property management software experience will be an asset.
- Must be highly proficient with computers and computer related software, to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time management, and listening skills.
- Excellent customer service, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in high stress situations.
- Adapt to and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to work well both independently and as a team player.
- Must be driven to meet predetermined targets by prescribed deadlines.
- Must be available from 8 am to 5 pm as well as 24 hours during emergency situations, must be available to be on-call (excluding vacation), in order to direct and/or manage incidents, emergencies, and/or operations as required
- Willing to go through background check, and Drug & Alcohol test.
How to Apply
If you closely meet above requirements, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Senior Regional Property Manager” in the subject line or visit our website for more information at: www.mainst.biz Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 0W2
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.