Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Cleaner is responsible for all cleaning and maintenance duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and prepare vacant suites for occupancy
- Daily cleaning of entrances and laundry rooms
- Daily pickup of garbage inside and outside the buildings
- Vacuuming of the hallways twice a week
- Cleaning of windows, doors, walls, light fixtures as required
- Dust furniture draperies and upholstered furniture
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances, bathrooms cleaning
- Sweeping, mopping floors, tiles, scrubbing grout lines, carpets- vacuum
- Report required repairs to the Managers
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess at least 1 year of cleaning work experience
- Prior cleaning experience in a residential multi-family environment is an asset
- Must possess valid driver’s license and vehicle. The successful candidate would have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver's license when offered employment.
- Flexible to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to work in all-weather condition
- Able to operate and maintain cleaning power equipment
- Must be able to carry and move cleaning tools, equipment and supplies
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- General knowledge of WHMIS, PPE, workplace hazards
- Able to communicate effectively and to follow direction
- Must be able to work on own and have good time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
Working conditions & Physical Requirements
- Indoor and outdoor work in the proportion of 80/20.
- Lift, carry and push /pull cleaning tools, power equipment and supplies.
- Continuously stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Frequent physical movement of hands, fingers, neck, back, legs
- Infrequent to occasional reaching, throwing, climbing, balancing, bending/twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling
- Tolerance of chemical irritants, smell of cleaning supplies and materials
- Tolerance of cleaning dust, filth, waste substances
- Wearing of CSA approved personal protection equipment as required as per the Company safety policy.
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Cleaner” in the subject line to our Email address. For more information visit our website: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.