Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Painter is responsible for all painting related duties within their assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Paint and refurbish interiors of apartments, walls, hallways, and common areas as required
- Repair drywall damages
- Determine quantities of painting materials and supplies required as per the specifications
- Prepare all surfaces ensuring smooth finish prior to painting
- Prepare and mix paints
- Follow established protection procedures and prepare work area to ensure no paint gets on other surfaces and no company property including carpets, cabinetry, outlet covers, lighting fixtures or any of tenant’s properties gets damaged
- Maintain a clean work environment, ensure work area is clean and free from debris after work has been completed
- Ensure all work is completed in a safely and timely manner and ensure as little disruption to tenants as possible
- Any other duties as assigned by the regional manager
Experience and Qualifications
- Must possess at least 2+ years building painting experience
- Prior painting experience in a residential multi-family environment is an asset
- Possessing of Journeyman Painter certificate is an asset but not required
- High school education preferred
- Able to communicate in English
- Must have own tools
- Understanding of using different types of paints and tools for interior and exterior of buildings
- Flexible to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- Ability to follow protection procedure and industry best practices
- Ability to complete projects on-time and on-budget
Working Condition and Physical requirements
- Indoor and outdoor works in the proportion of 80/20
- Paint fumes /drywall dust
- Physical dexterity at handling painting work that requires strength and agility such as climbing ladders and good sense of balance
- Lift and carry tools, equipment and materials, hold and use tools for long periods of time
- Reach below, at and above shoulder height to perform mixing, painting works
- Ability to stand long periods of time,
- Wearing of CSA approved personal protection equipment required as per the company safety policy
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- You display a professional and positive company image
- You have an eye for detail and take pride in your work
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages, 100% company paid medical benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Building Painter” in the subject line to our email address or fax to: 403-266-8867. For more information visit our website: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.