Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the on- site Property Manager is responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned location(s).
The Property Manager must live on site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development & Marketing:
- Conduct monthly market surveys and have understanding of competition and current market conditions.
- Generates new business, set up appointments and conduct unit showings with prospective tenants.
- Prepare reports and review rents to ensure they are in consonance with market trends.
- Conduct open houses and undertake external business development activities.
- Negotiate or approve rental or lease of various properties in a portfolio on behalf of the company and ensure that terms of lease agreement are met.
- Post rental ads to attract new tenants.
- Answer current and/or prospective tenant inquiries.
- Ensure that residents issues and service requests are addressed within 24 hours.
- Organize and conduct resident events and promote neighbourly and community atmosphere.
- Meet and interact with tenants in a friendly and professional manner.
- Undertake programs to recognize long term residents.
Property Repair & Maintenance:
- Coordinate with regional manager and maintenance staff to implement effective capital improvement plans.
- Co-ordinate and monitor progress of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings.
- Manage tenant maintenance requests including proper follow up to ensure satisfaction and timely completion.
- Ensure upkeep and regular maintenance of firefighting equipment and systems.
- Ensure upkeep and regular maintenance of security equipment and systems.
- Inspection of buildings and vacant suites to report on any deficiencies and maintenance requests.
Upkeep & Area Maintenance:
- Manage and schedule staff required for area maintenance, cleaning, garbage removal, landscaping etc.
- Ensure snow and ice removal, salting of entrances, walkways, rooftop accesses etc.
- Schedule all cleaning and repair of turnover suites.
- Ensure handling and disposal of garbage and recycling bins.
- Ensure general maintenance of underground garage and parking levels, service rooms, foyers, patios and rooftops.
- Ensure watering of gardens and lawns.
- Ensure vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of carpeted or tiled common areas.
- Ensure general maintenance of common areas (lobbies, elevators, hallways, stairwells, windows etc.) and amenity areas (laundry rooms, recreation rooms etc).
- Dusting and cleaning of garbage chutes, garbage rooms, walls floors and recycling rooms.
- Ensure timely collection and deposits of rental payments and administer damage deposits.
- Prepare monthly suite turnover reports with regional manager and run maintenance turnover checklist.
- Utilize MRI system to record transactions and run various operational reports.
- Receive supplies and sending paperwork to the head office.
- Assist and support other Property Managers as required.
- Attend training and meeting with head office work with utility companies, phone companies and contractors for entering the properties for their work.
- Assist Regional Manager and CAPEX Manager with managing execution of the annual capital plan and identifying current or future repair works.
- Supervise staff, service providers and contractors to oversee the quality of work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior management.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Possess residential property management experience
- Experience in customer service or sales an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and building systems an asset
- Flexible to work days, evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
Working conditions & Physical Requirements
- Indoor and outdoor work in the proportion of 50/50.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Wearing of CSA approved safety shoes, safety glasses and helmet may be required as per the Company safety policy.
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
Mainstreet offers an exciting, fast-paced environment with a culture that is open and flexible. We offer excellent salary, monthly bonuses, car allowance, company benefits and opportunities for advancement and rental incentives.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email address quoting “Property Manager/ Site Caretaker” in the subject line or visit our website for more information at: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.